Telangana High Court refuses to interfere in intermediate examination – Times of India

HYDERABAD: Intermediate first year exams in Telangana will be scheduled from October 25 as the Telangana High Court on Friday refused to intervene in the process.

The court refused to issue any order to stop the examination process, seeking directions from the state government to cancel the examination after hearing an application on behalf of the Parents Association.

Advertisement

Congratulations!

You have successfully cast your vote

It dragged the petitioner to file the petition at the last minute and made it clear that it could not intervene at this stage. The association had questioned the government’s rationale for taking the Intermediate First Year (Class 11) exam when students were already promoted to the second year (Class 12). It had applied to the court to order the Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education (TSBIE) to cancel the examination and declare all the students successful.

Advertisement

Government lawyers defended the decision to conduct the tests, saying they could not be held earlier because of the epidemic situation. The court was told that these students did not take part in the Class X examinations as they could not be held last year due to epidemic. The lawyer argued that if the exams were not held for the second year due to the same situation, there would be no way to assess them and this would affect their academic future.

Many students are opposed to the move because they are already in their second year and will not be able to attend the first year exams and conduct second year studies as they will also have to appear in various competitive exams.

TSBIE promoted all first year students to second year as the examination was not held due to Kovid-1 pandemic epidemic. Intermediate examinations are usually held in February-March. However, the Board decided to conduct the first year examination on 2 September and announced that 70 per cent of the syllabus would be considered for the examination.

Advertisement

Even a section of students have made an online application demanding cancellation of the exam. The management of private colleges also refused to co-operate with the government in taking exams to address their long-standing demands.

The government, however, has decided to go ahead with the test. Education Minister P. Sabita Indra Reddy said about 5.58 lakh students across the state will take part in the exam. He said all measures are being taken in compliance with the Covid-1 safety protocol.

The minister called upon the private colleges to co-operate in conducting the examinations. However, they insist that the government solve their problems first

Advertisement

Members of the Telangana Private Junior College Managers Association (TPJMA) said officials were not even ready to discuss their problems.

They say they are suffering because of the amount of scholarships left. They have Rs 315 crore with the government for scholarships over the last few years.

TSBI secretary Omar Jalil said action would be taken against those colleges which boycotted the exams.

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)
{if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};
if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;
n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,’script’,
‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘2009952072561098’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘PageView’);
.

Source link

Read More Educational News

Keep Reading Latest Breaking News

Advertisement

Leave a Comment