St. Stephen’s College, UB starts admission process for UG course – Times of India

NEW DELHI: Delhi University’s St. Stephen’s College on Thursday started the admission process for various undergraduate courses. The college has a separate application form and interested candidates have to register on the Delhi University portal and then complete the application process for the college. The last date of application is 31st August.

Like last year, college entrance exams will not be held due to the coronavirus epidemic and interviews will be held online.

Advertisement

“Because of the ongoing epidemic situation, interviews will be conducted online,” the college prospectus reads.

Congratulations!

You have successfully cast your vote

The interview consists of three components: ‘academic’, ‘co-curricular’ and ‘general awareness and values’.

Delhi University has merit-based admissions which are done on a cut-off basis. St. Stephen’s College publishes a separate cut-off list that gives 85 percent of the weightage, and the remaining 15 percent of the weight is given in online interviews.

Advertisement

Before the epidemic, 15 percent of the weight was divided between written tests and interviews.

The college application form has six sections. To proceed to the next section, candidates have to go to the next section by clicking on the ‘Save and Next’ button at the end of each section.

Candidates need to upload their photo, a scanned copy of their signature and certificate to complete the application process.

Advertisement

The College will not conduct sports examinations for admission under the ‘Sports Department’

“Applicants should note that the marks awarded for certificates, academic performances and interviews at St. Stephen’s College will be per5, 400 and 15 per cent, respectively.”

The college said in its prospectus that it would only consider certificates from the last three years – from May 1, 2018 to April 30, 2021.

Advertisement

“No changes and additions can be made after the fee has been paid and Section Six has expired,” the college said.

Candidates participating in the interview must keep a printout of the interview call letter, and the original copy of the certificate of date of birth (Secondary School Certificate) and the marksheet of the eligibility test.

Christian class candidates must submit Certificate of Baptism (valid at least two years before the last date for receipt of application).

Advertisement

If the candidate belongs to a church that practices adult baptism, a certificate of dedication to the candidate in childhood is required, the prospectus said.

Christian candidates must submit a letter of recommendation from the parish priest, duly approved by the bishop or equivalent or higher authority of the church, the membership of the candidate in a church, and the membership of both parents in the church.

The college reserves 50% seats for Christian candidates. Of the seats reserved for Christian students, 50 per cent are reserved for the Church of North India and the remaining half will be filled by candidates from the Diocese of Delhi, the Church of North India, which runs the college, it said.

Advertisement

The College will inform the cut-off and interview release dates for all courses on its website.

!function(f,b,e,v,n,t,s)
{if(f.fbq)return;n=f.fbq=function(){n.callMethod?
n.callMethod.apply(n,arguments):n.queue.push(arguments)};
if(!f._fbq)f._fbq=n;n.push=n;n.loaded=!0;n.version=’2.0′;
n.queue=[];t=b.createElement(e);t.async=!0;
t.src=v;s=b.getElementsByTagName(e)[0];
s.parentNode.insertBefore(t,s)}(window, document,’script’,
‘https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js’);
fbq(‘init’, ‘2009952072561098’);
fbq(‘track’, ‘PageView’);
.

Source link

Read More Educational News

Keep Reading Latest Breaking News

Leave a Comment