Home Sports Nike says split with Neymar over refusal to cooperate with sex-assault probe...

Nike says split with Neymar over refusal to cooperate with sex-assault probe | Off the field News – Times of India

90
Advertisements

Los Angeles: Naik said on Thursday that he broke up with Neymar last year when the superstar Brazilian attacker “refused to cooperate in a goodwill investigation” as the company investigated an employee’s claim that he had sexually abused her Harassed.
The apparel giant said in a statement that its investigation into the alleged 2016 incident – which was reported to the company in 2018 – was inconclusive.
The company said, “No facts have been revealed so that we can properly discuss this matter.”
In a Wall Street Journal article reporting the charge of assault, a spokesperson for Neymar said the player denies the claim.
He said in a statement, “If a claim is presented, which has not happened so far, Neymar Jr. will vigorously defend himself against these baseless attacks.” Nike and Neymar split for business reasons.
Naik said otherwise in his statement.
The company stated, “It would be inappropriate for Nike to make an accusatory statement without being able to provide supporting facts.” Wrong work by an employee. ”
The Wall Street Journal reported citing documents and anonymous people that Naik hired lawyers at Cooley LLP to investigate starting in 2019 and decided to stop including Neymar in marketing amid the investigation.
The company said in its statement that it was ready for investigation in 2018 when the woman first surfaced, but “respected the employee’s initial desire to keep the case confidential and avoid scrutiny.”
The firm therefore did not share information with law enforcement or any other third party until 2019, when it expressed interest in pursuing the case.
“We continue to respect the employee’s privacy and also believe that it has been a long and difficult experience for him,” Naik said.
A Neymar spokeswoman told the Wall Street Journal that talks between the two sides had been going on since 2019.
“This is a very strange case that took place in 2016, in which it was alleged by a Nike employee that came to light at the same moment,” she told the newspaper.
Neymar announced in September 2020 that he had signed an endorsement deal with Puma to become the new poster boy of the German sportswear giant.
Naik sponsored the 29-year-old Neymar as he was a prodigy of 13 years.
Earlier this month, Neymar signed a contract extension with French champions Paris Saint-Germain that would keep him with the club until the end of the 2024-2025 season.
Brazil said that he has “evolved as a human being, as a human being”, the most expensive transfer in history since joining the club for 222 million euros ($ 270 million) from Barcelona in 2017.
Neymar has claimed three Ligue 1 titles and two French Cups with PSG, although he has also provoked enmity with fans by saying that he wants to return to Barcelona.
His image as an eternal spoiled child was revived at the end of last year by rumors he did not deny, at the end of a huge year he held amidst a coronovirus epidemic in his homeland.
A young woman had also filed a rape complaint against him in 2019 – a case she vehemently denied and was eventually dropped.

.

Read More Sports News

Keep Reading Latest Breaking News

Source link

Advertisements

Leave a Reply