Advertisements

NEW DELHI: The first round of corps commander-level talks between India and China began at 10:30 a.m. Sunday in Moldo, the Chinese side, according to military sources.
More than two months later, the meeting is aimed at resolving the ongoing military situation between the two countries along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. According to the source, the discussion started around 10:30 am.
Foreign Minister S Jayashankar told his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi that new talks would begin in three weeks as both sides needed to work for a speedy solution to the remaining problems in East Ladakh.
The MEA said on Thursday that it expects China to fully comply with bilateral agreements and protocols for a speedy resolution of the remaining issue along the LAC in eastern Ladakh.
Clashes between Indian and Chinese troops last year left several people dead on both sides. The clashes erupted after clashes erupted in the Galwan Valley by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA). More than a year has passed since the incident, but tensions between the two Asian giants continue.
A series of 12 rounds of military talks and diplomatic talks were held between India and China, but tensions still continue.
There has been some isolation, but India has said that complete isolation will only result in de-escalation. Some isolation has actually happened recently, but it’s not complete.

.

Read More World News

Keep Reading Latest Breaking News

Source link

Advertisements