Kerala Actor Sex Assault Case: Police Raids Homes Of Actor Dileep, His Brother

<!–

–>

Actor Dilip was arrested in a sexual harassment case and later released on bail. File picture

Advertisement

Kochi, Kerala:

The Crime Branch of Kerala Police today raided the residence of actor Dilip and his brother and the office of his production house, Grand Production Company, in a new case against them for allegedly threatening the investigating officers in a case of sexual harassment of an actress. 2017. Dilip is also accused in the case.

The case was filed on Sunday after allegations were made by the investigating officer based on an alleged audio clip of Dilip, which was recently published by a TV channel where the actor was accused of conspiring to attack the officer.

Director Balachandra Kumar, who recently made some startling remarks against Dilip in the actress assault case through the media, also made some corrective statements to the Crime Branch.

Advertisement

Mr Kumar claimed that there had been multiple discussions on the conspiracy to attack the investigating officers.

“Once the issue came up, it could be a mental explosion. But the same issue was discussed many times in many places which meant the right plan,” he said.

Mr Kumar had lodged a complaint with the Kerala Chief Minister’s Office on November 25, making horrific allegations against Dilip, saying that he was an eyewitness to the main accused Pulsar Sunni at the house of the accused actor Dilip. The plaintiff further alleged that Dilip had seen a video recording of the abducted actress’ sexual harassment with others and provided quotes from audio conversations recorded at Dilip’s house, including allegations of influencing key witnesses.

No details have yet been released on what the Crime Branch has recovered or is hoping to recover.

Advertisement

A top Crime Branch official said three teams of officers were sent to conduct simultaneous raids at the three locations.

However, according to the visuals shown on the news channel, the expedition had to wait for some time to open Dilip’s residence and his company’s office.

In the visuals, some officers were seen entering the gate of Dilip’s house.

Sources said that his sister later opened the gate.

Advertisement

After some delays, the company’s office was also opened, by staff there, sources added.

On Tuesday, the High Court asked the police not to take any action against Dilip, his brother and brother-in-law till January 14 after they filed a joint application for anticipatory bail in the new case.

In his anticipatory bail application, the actor claimed that the latest case was filed on the basis of an allegation made by one of the investigating officers in the case of sexual harassment of the actress because the officer did not want to investigate during the trial.

The actor and five others have been charged under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code, including Section 116 (incitement), 118 (concealment of conspiracy to commit a crime), 120B (criminal conspiracy), 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (criminal law) of the Indian Penal Code. . Has been done by several people).

Advertisement

In their plea, the actor and his relatives also claimed that the allegation made against them by the officer – DYSP (Crime Branch) Baiju Palos – was “false” and there were allegations in the FIR registered on the basis of the allegation. “Completely false and baseless”.

They also claimed that the reason behind filing the case was to humiliate them in public by taking them into custody.

The survivor also wrote a letter to the Kerala Chief Minister and the state police chief seeking justice. He wanted a re-investigation of the case against Dilip, a few days after the film director made new allegations against him.

A source close to the survivor said, “Survivors want the allegations to be investigated and have the right to know what is true and what is not.”

Advertisement

The survivor – an actor who acted in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films – was abducted and raped for two hours in his car by the accused, who forced his way into the car on the night of February 17, 2017 and later fled. Some defendants filmed the whole affair to blackmail him.

Police have arrested 10 accused and initially seven others in the case. Dilip was later arrested and later released on bail.

.

Read More World News

Keep Reading Latest Breaking News

Source link

Advertisement
Advertisement

Leave a Comment